
Shah Alam Luxury Duplex: 6-8 Guests, I-City Views!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving HEADFIRST into the Shah Alam Luxury Duplex: 6-8 Guests, I-City Views! (SEO is gonna LOVE this, by the way!). Honestly, writing reviews always feels a bit… sanitized. Like, everyone's trying to be perfectly objective, but come on, we're humans! We feel things! So, here's my unfiltered take, faults and all.
First Impressions & The "OMG I Need a Drink" Factor
Okay, so, initial thoughts: "Luxury Duplex" is NOT kidding. This place is… imposing. Like, not just the size (it’s massive), but the… presence. You know how some places feel cold and clinical? Not here. It's definitely got that vibe of "I'm important, and so are you, darling." (Maybe a little over the top? Jury’s still out.)
Let's be real, though: after a long drive (car park is FREE, yay! And they have valet if you're feeling fancy - or just lazy, like me), the last thing I wanted to do was lug luggage. Thankfully, the elevator is right there, and it's shiny. That's the first thing, but the first thing is always a bit of a blur.
Accessibility: The elevator thing? HUGE win. And the whole place seems pretty well-designed for accessibility. They've ticked the Facilities for disabled guests box, which is promising. The exterior corridor situation just makes me think of those movie scenes, though.
Check-in/out and Services: 24-hour front desk? YES. The concierge was super helpful (decent service, I mean nothing amazing, but perfectly competent, which is what you need). Contactless check-in/out is also available, which is great for these times. Because, let's be honest… you want to get to the cocktails. The daily housekeeping was like clockwork — which is nice until they change your towels at 8 am, and you're in the "I don't want to see another human" stage of vacation.
The Apartment Itself: A Tale of Two Bedrooms (and a Whole Lot of Space)
So, we’re talking 6-8 guests, right? This place is built for groups. It's not just big; it's smartly big.
Available in all rooms, all the stuff… There's air conditioning (thank GOD, Malaysia!), alarm clock, those ridiculously comfy bathrobes (I lived in it), bathroom phone (never thought I'd need one, but hey!), bathtub (yes!), blackout curtains (essential for sleeping in, folks!), carpeting, closet (a giant closet!), coffee/tea maker (vital!), complimentary tea, daily housekeeping (again, the 8 am thing!), desk, extra long bed, free bottled water (always a plus!), hair dryer, high floor (great views!), in-room safe box (for your passport and your… dignity?), interconnecting room(s) available (good for families or groups needing a little separation), Internet access – LAN, internet access – wireless, ironing facilities, laptop workspace, linens, mini bar (expensive, but tempting!), mirror, non-smoking, on-demand movies, private bathroom, reading light, refrigerator, safety/security feature, satellite/cable channels, scale (for those post-buffet weigh-ins!), seating area, separate shower/bathtub, shower, slippers (luxury!), smoke detector, socket near the bed, sofa, soundproofing, telephone, toiletries, towels, umbrella, visual alarm, wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], and a window that opens. Phew! You get the idea… they haven't forgotten anything.
The Bedrooms: Okay, so, the bedrooms! One was a master suite with its own little oasis vibe (separate shower/bathtub), and another, not quite as luxurious, but still amazing, with these incredible views of I-City (more on that later. Those views… wow). The beds? SO comfortable. And the blackout curtains? Pure genius. I slept like a log. Honestly, the whole layout is brilliantly designed for privacy. You could be in the same place with different people and actually not want to strangle them.
More rooms. There's an additional toilet in the house, which is something everyone will appreciate.
Eating, Drinking, and the Eternal Quest for the Perfect Nasi Lemak
This is where things got REALLY interesting for me. Food is life, okay? And the Shah Alam Luxury Duplex doesn't disappoint when it comes to options.
Dining, drinking, and snacking: Restaurants, restaurants, restaurants! We had a truly insane Asian breakfast one morning (Asian cuisine in restaurant). It was beyond amazing! I mean, full-on buffet of deliciousness (Breakfast [buffet], Buffet in restaurant, Asian breakfast). Western options were there too (Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant). Coffee/tea in restaurant? (Check!) They also have a snack bar, which is dangerous because I have the willpower of a squirrel facing a nut.
I was disappointed that there's no Vegetarian restaurant, but there's alternative meal arrangement!
Room service [24-hour]: Because sometimes, that's all you need, am I right? Order a milkshake, watch a movie, and hide from the world. I did not do this, but absolutely thought about it.
Poolside bar: This deserves its own section. The pool is amazing (Pool with view, Swimming pool [outdoor]). That poolside bar, though? Pure bliss. I swear, I spent half my time there. Happy Hour was happy, indeed. I mean, Happy Hour. I loved it.
The Things You Do (Or Don't Do) to Escape Reality
Okay, let's talk relaxation, because that's what a "luxury" place is supposed to be about.
- (Ways to relax): The pool with beautiful scenery is a MUST. The sauna and steamroom are also great.
- (Spa and sauna, spa, spa/sauna): The spa. I went. I got a massage. It was… heavenly. (In other words, expensive, but worth it.) The fitness center looked decent, but I couldn't bring myself to actually use it. I am not going to gym on my holiday.
- Things to do: You get those city views. I-City is nearby and is a must.
Cleanliness, Safety, and the "We're All Gonna Be Okay" Feeling
This is HUGE, especially right now. And honestly, they seem to take it seriously.
- Cleanliness and safety: Anti-viral cleaning products, breakfast in room, breakfast takeaway service, cashless payment service, daily disinfection in common areas, doctor/nurse on call, first aid kit, hand sanitizer, hot water linen and laundry washing, hygiene certification, individually-wrapped food options, physical distancing of at least 1 meter, professional-grade sanitizing services, room sanitization opt-out available, rooms sanitized between stays, safe dining setup, sanitized kitchen and tableware items, shared stationery removed, staff trained in safety protocol, sterilizing equipment.
- Safety/security feature: CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, exterior corridor, fire extinguisher, front desk [24-hour], hotel chain, non-smoking rooms, safety/security feature, security [24-hour], smoke alarms.
It all felt very reassuring. Like, "we're keeping you safe so you can relax" level of feeling.
The Quirks, the Imperfections, and the Things That Made Me Go "Hmm…"
No place is perfect, right?
The "Meh" Moments: The coffee at the coffee shop was a bit weak. The service, while efficient, wasn't particularly warm. I’ve had better.
The "Huh?" Things: Room decorations were slightly generic. Minor complaint, of course. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I was slightly disappointed.
The "OMG, I Loved This" Moment: The view from the apartment at night. Absolutely breathtaking (Pool with view). I-City all lit up… seriously, take the time to stare. This is a special one.
For the kids: The kids facilities are great – I did not use it because I was travelling alone, but the place feels family/child friendly. You have access to babysitting service, babysitting service, kids meal, access, family/child friendly, kids facilities, kids meal.
The Bottom Line: Should You Book This Place?
Okay, so, would I recommend it? Yes. Absolutely, YES.
Pros:
- Space and Comfort: The duplex itself is ridiculously spacious and comfortable. Perfect for groups or families.
- Location: Great views. Close to I-City.
- Amenities: They thought of everything. Seriously.
- Cleanliness and Safety: They are really on top of things.
- Pool and The Bar: Seriously. Go to the pool. Then go to the bar.
Cons:
- Price: It's not cheap. You're paying for luxury. But if you can, do it.

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your perfectly curated, Instagram-ready travel itinerary. This is real life, in all its messy, glorious, slightly-hangovered glory. We're hitting I-City Shah Alam Duplex in Malaysia, for a weekend with 6-8 of us. Consider this less a schedule, and more a survival guide… with a healthy dose of laughter and maybe a few tears (of joy, hopefully).
Friday: Arrival and the "Oh God, We're Late" Syndrome
- 14:00 - 16:00: The Great Arrival Disaster. Okay, so we were supposed to arrive at 2 PM. Let's just say coordinating travel for six (potentially seven, maybe eight) people is like herding cats… that are also late. Traffic from wherever everyone was coming from (KL, Penang, the mystical land of "running late") was a beast. There were frantic WhatsApp messages ("WHERE ARE YOU?!"), passive-aggressive texts ("Enjoying the scenery, are we?"), and the inevitable, soul-crushing realization that someone forgot the keys, and yes, it was me. Finally, after a chorus of apologies and a slightly-dented sense of collective sanity, we made it. But the Duplex? Absolutely worth the wait. Modern vibes, spacious living room – perfect for our imminent chaos.
- 16:00 - 18:00: Settling In and the Quest for Snacks. Unpacking, claiming beds (strategic placement is key!), and the crucial mission: locating the nearest grocery store for snacks. Because let's be honest, no weekend is complete without an unhealthy dose of chips, dips, and questionable candy. This involved a debate on who was driving, who was hungriest, and if we should go for "authentic" Malaysian snacks (tempting, but let's start with something familiar). Finally, we found a Tesco and went wild. I swear, I saw someone sneak in a whole watermelon.
- 18:00 - 20:00: Dinner Dilemma (and the Curry Disaster). Time to decide dinner. We had the brilliant idea of cooking. "It'll be fun!" we exclaimed. Famous last words. One friend, let's call her "Rachel," volunteered to conquer the curry. Unfortunately, she misunderstood "medium heat" and ended up creating something best described as "volcanically spicy." Tears flowed, not of joy. The rest of us, being the brilliant backup team, burned the rice and then burnt ourselves on the stove. We ended up ordering takeout – a very, very safe Nasi Goreng. Lesson learned: Leave the cooking to the professionals.
- 20:00 onwards: Board Games and Bedlam. Now we can relax! We cracked open some beers, attempted a board game (Monopoly? Never again) that ended with more arguments than fun. Some of us collapsed into a game of cards while others (me included) were too tired and headed straight to bed.
Saturday: I-City Extravaganza and the Existential Dread of a Photo Booth
- 09:00: Wake up and regret all the beers last night. Some of us actually managed to roll out of bed before noon, which is a victory in itself.
- 10:00 - 13:00: I-City Theme Park – A Sensory Overload. Okay, I-City. Where to start? The lights are a dazzling spectacle, like a Christmas village on steroids. It's genuinely impressive, but also… a little overwhelming. We spent a ridiculous amount of time taking photos, of course. The snow walk was fun, but the "snow" was a bit less like fresh powder and a more like slightly damp ice, and the giant ice cream cones felt completely unnecessary. My friend, Sarah, got so excited, she nearly lost her balance and face-planted into some questionable-looking water, and let's just say I have photographic evidence. Now, the Ferris wheel? Definitely worth it. The views, the gentle rocking, and the chance to get away from the crowds for a few minutes were divine.
- 13:00 - 14:00: Lunch Break – Sustenance and Self-Loathing. Lunch at the food court. It's what you expect, and it's fine. Nothing to write home about. But afterward, as I looked in the mirror while waiting for the bathroom, I seriously considered starting a juice cleanse immediately after the trip. (Spoiler alert: I didn't.)
- 14:00 - 16:00: The Waterpark – Wet and Wild (and Slightly Scarred). Honestly, the waterpark was pretty good! The slides were actually thrilling (which is saying something from someone who gets nervous on a kiddie slide). There were a few near-misses (lost a shoe, nearly lost my dignity), but overall, a blast. I swear I saw a small child glare at me for too long, which really killed the vibe. Pro tip: Wear waterproof mascara!
- 16:00 - 17:00: The Photo Booth Debacle. We were suckered into a photo booth. It seemed like fun… until we had to come up with poses. Let's just say it involved a lot of awkward grins, forced laughs, and questionable props. The resulting photos are now prime material for blackmail. Honestly, I'm still trying to figure out why I agreed to wear that ridiculous hat.
- 18:00 - 20:00: Dinner and the Search for Authentic Malaysian Food (Round Two). Tonight, we were determined to avoid the earlier cooking fiasco. We found a local restaurant this time, and the food was amazing! Laksa, satay, all the deliciousness. Rachel, finally redeemed herself by suggesting a restaurant, which was a huge win!
- 20:00 onwards: Movie Night and the Great Pillow Fight of '23. Back at the Duplex, we decided to watch a movie (chose a rom-com, despite protests from the guys). Then, because we're all overgrown children, a pillow fight erupted. The Duplex was left in a state of glorious fluffy chaos.
Sunday: Farewells and the Post-Holiday Blues
- 09:00: Breakfast and the Contemplation of Packing. The good stuff: coffee, bacon, and the desperate hope of not having to do a whole lot of cleaning. The bad stuff: realizing we had to pack, which, after two days of general mayhem, felt utterly exhausting.
- 10:00 - 12:00: Last-Minute Activities (and Maybe One Last I-City Run). A few of us were itching to re-visit the theme park. Others opted for a lazy morning. Some of us just started packing which was just as much excitement, if not more.
- 12:00 - 13:00: Farewell Brunch and the Sadness of Departure. A final brunch. Stomach full, heart full, and also… a little bit sad. The end of the weekend, the end of the chaos? We were already missing the laughs, the terrible jokes, and the shared experience.
- 13:00 onwards: The Great Separation. Traffic was evil. Goodbyes were said. Promises to do it again were made. The journey home was filled with tired sighs and the slow, creeping realization that we'd need another vacation… just to recover from this one.
And there you have it. The authentic, messy, wonderful, and occasionally disastrous weekend in I-City Shah Alam. It wasn't perfect, but it was unforgettable. And that's the whole point, right? Cheers to making memories, even the ones that involve burnt curry and questionable photo booth props.
Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Cottage Awaits in Payzac, France!
Shah Alam Luxury Duplex: I-City Views - Let's Get Real, Folks! (FAQ Edition)
Okay, spill the tea! Is this duplex *really* as luxurious as it sounds? Like, is there a butler? (Asking for a friend... mostly me.)
Alright, let's be honest. "Luxury" is a relative term, isn't it? Think less Buckingham Palace, more... swanky condo living with a really, *really* nice view. No butlers, sadly. My friend Sarah actually thought she saw one at first because some guy kept refilling the ice in the freezer. (Turns out, it was just the maintenance guy. Awkward!) But seriously, the place *is* gorgeous. Think high ceilings, sleek furniture, and enough space to not feel like you're crammed into a sardine can with your entire squad. The marble floors? Forget about it, I almost tripped on them the first time walking in, looking like a fool. But luxury? Yeah, I'd say it's a solid attempt, and definitely elevates the stay.
6-8 Guests? Is that realistic? Can we *actually* fit that many people comfortably? (Because I'm picturing a hostel situation here...)
Okay, so here's the deal. Six? Totally doable. Seven? A little cozy, but manageable. Eight? You're pushing it, but if you're all besties and don't mind sharing a bathroom and maybe the couch, it *could* work. I went with a group of 7 a while back and what happen was, we had a couple of the guys sleeping on the sofas, it was fine. The views though..... that makes it way more than bearable. It's the kind of view that makes you forget you're crammed in like sardines. So yeah, think about the personalities involved. Are you bringing drama queens or easy-going pals? That will definitely sway the experience!
The I-City Views! Are they as epic as the photos? Because let's be real, sometimes those are... *enhanced*.
Okay, okay! The views? They're real. And they're spectacular. I'm not even exaggerating. I swear, my jaw dropped when I walked in. Especially at night! The city lights are just... *chef's kiss*. My sister, bless her heart, spent like an hour just taking pictures. And the fireworks during the New Year? OMG! I saw the photo before I went, and for the first time in my life, the photo didn't lie! I didn't even use Instagram filters. It's seriously worth it. Just, you know, make sure you book during a clear weather season. Otherwise, you might get a cloud buffet instead.
What's the kitchen situation like? Can we actually, you know, cook? Or is it just for show, like those tiny kitchens in hotel rooms?
I am a self confessed chef, I can cook. Yes, absolutely! The kitchen is surprisingly decent! It's not a Michelin-star setup, but it's got the essentials. My friend, bless his heart, tried to make pancake from scratch one morning, and had a complete disaster (burned pancakes everywhere!), it just smelled to smoke. So it's a kitchen, BUT it is NOT a professional kitchen. I think the host is missing a decent blender, that is my only issue. Plenty of space, so if you're a big cooking squad, you will be okay!
About the practical stuff... Is there parking? Is it easy to get around? (Because dealing with parking stress is the absolute worst.)
Yes! There is parking! And thank god for that, because Shah Alam traffic can be a beast. There's usually a designated spot, but on weekends, it can be a bit of a free-for-all. Prepare to circle a few times. Getting around? It's decent. Grab is your best friend, honestly. The I-City theme park is literally downstairs. So, if you're planning a theme park day, you are literally a few seconds away, and I mean literally.
Are there any hidden fees or extra costs we should know about? Nobody likes a surprise charge.
I've had bad experiences with this and I know everyone hates hidden fees. So, what is the honest answer? It says so in the description. But be wary, always, you know? They take a deposit, of which you will get back, if you don't cause too much trouble and leave the place clean, like you should. But really, read the fine print. *Always*.
Anything else we should know before booking? Like, any quirky things about the place?
Okay, here's a weird one. The air conditioning in the living room can get *Arctic*. Seriously. Pack a sweater, even in Malaysia! And maybe bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper, because the street noise can be a bit lively at night. Okay, one more thing. The water pressure in the shower is AMAZING. Prepare to be blasted clean. In short, it's a great place to stay. Oh, I almost forgot! There's a balcony, but it's not huge. Still, perfect for a morning coffee and soaking in that incredible view. Just don't be dumb and lean over the railings, ok?
Okay, *really* though, would you recommend it? Be honest.
Look, if you're looking for a fun, relatively affordable, and undeniably cool place to stay with a group, and that view is a must-have, then ABSOLUTELY. Book it! The location is perfect, the place is stunning, and the experience is unforgettable. Yes, there are minor imperfections (like every place!), but overall, it's a solid choice. I mean, I'd go back in a heartbeat. And I'm picky!

