Escape to Paradise: Lakeside Luxury in Hualien's Hidden Gem

Lakeside House B & B Hualien Taiwan

Lakeside House B & B Hualien Taiwan

Escape to Paradise: Lakeside Luxury in Hualien's Hidden Gem

Escape to Paradise: Hualien's Lakeside Luxury - A Review (and My Honest Thoughts)

Okay, so you're dreaming of Hualien, right? Jaw-dropping scenery, that raw East Coast beauty, feels like a hidden gem in itself. And you're looking for a slice of heaven to soak it all in? Look no further. I'm talking about Escape to Paradise: Lakeside Luxury, and let me tell you… it's a trip. (In a good way, mostly).

First, the Basics (Because, Let's Be Real, That's Gotta Be Covered):

  • Accessibility: Alright, this is important. I, thankfully, don't need super accessibility, but I always check. Escape to Paradise does offer Facilities for disabled guests. Now, I didn't personally see everything, but the website highlights it, and that's a huge plus. I'd call ahead to confirm specific needs, though.
  • Internet: Listen, in today's world, Wi-Fi is basically oxygen. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Thank god. Plus, Internet [LAN] if you’re old school, or into secure connections or something. Wi-Fi in public areas too. Basically, you can stay connected and post those envy-inducing travel pics. Don't skimp on the data plans, though.
  • Cleanliness & Safety (Oh, the Current Climate…): Okay, so Covid-19 has changed the game. Escape to Paradise gets this. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, Hand sanitizer everywhere (you'll never touch another door handle without a squeeze), and Staff trained in safety protocol. I was a bit paranoid at first, but honestly, they make you feel safe. They even have Sterilizing equipment. Plus, they'll let you opt-out of room sanitization, if you're that concerned or paranoid.
  • Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: (This is Where Things Get Interesting…) Listen up foodies: Okay, so they have a Breakfast [buffet]. Thank god. I love a good buffet. Plus, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Western breakfast, Western cuisine in restaurant. You can get an Alternative meal arrangement as well. There are also options for Vegetarian restaurant also, just in case.
  • Services and Conveniences: The usual suspects are covered: Air conditioning, Concierge, Daily housekeeping, Elevator, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities (if you have to work, blech), Safety deposit boxes, and a Convenience store. Plus, they have Facilities for disabled guests to get around.
  • For the Kids: Babysitting service and Kids meal are available. Plus the whole set up is definitely Family/child friendly, but not in a screaming-toddlers-everywhere-kind of way. More like, chill kids playing by the pool kind of way.
  • Getting Around: Airport transfer is a godsend. Plus, Car park [free of charge]. Taxi service is available, plus Car park [on-site]. They also have Valet parking.
  • Available in All Rooms: All the good stuff: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Coffee/tea maker, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, In-room safe box, Satellite/cable channels, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Wi-Fi [free], and more.

Okay, now the real stuff. The stuff that sticks.

The "Escape" in Escape to Paradise:

Let's talk about why you're really here. You're here to relax. And wow… the options.

  • Ways to Relax: (Poolside Bliss, and Then Some)
    • Swimming pool [outdoor] – Yes. Absolutely yes. The Pool with a view is the star. Picture this: You, a cocktail (more on that later), the turquoise water shimmering, the mountains in the distance. Pure. Bliss. I seriously spent a whole afternoon just… existing in this pool.
    • Spa/sauna, Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage – Okay, I didn't do everything (I'm not made of money!), but I did get a massage. Oh. My. God. I felt like a noodle afterward. The masseuse knew exactly where to find the knots I didn't even know I had. Seriously, book a massage. Treat yourself. You deserve it.
    • Fitness center, Gym/fitness – Fine, if you must exercise. I took one peek, decided my "exercise" quota was met with walking to the pool, and promptly went back for another cocktail.
    • Steamroom. I'm not a huge fan of the steamroom, but it's there for those so inclined.
    • Sauna Yeah I'm not sure about that one.
  • Dining, Drinking, and Snacking (The Cocktail Chronicles):
    • Poolside bar – This is where you need to be. The cocktails are divine. They're strong, they're beautiful, and they come with tiny umbrellas. It's the perfect way to watch the sunset over the lake. I swear, I drank three different cocktails in one hour. I was careful, I promise. The snacks were great too. But the cocktails… Happy hour is a must.
    • Restaurants – The A la carte in restaurant is great, and you can Coffee/tea in restaurant. The Desserts in restaurant and Soup in restaurant are good too. But again. Cocktails!
    • Room service [24-hour], This is clutch. Imagine: Waking up, still feeling the effects of your massage, and ordering breakfast in bed. Breakfast in room is a dangerous, but glorious, option.

The Imperfections? (Because, Let's Be Real, Nothing's Perfect)

  • Look, it's a luxury hotel. But at times the service felt a little formal. A bit more warmth wouldn't hurt. But I'm nitpicking.

My Final Verdict (and My Emotional Reaction):

This place is a winner. It's beautiful, relaxing, and the perfect basecamp for exploring Hualien. Honestly, I feel like I need to go back right now. I'm already planning my return. (Just gotta get those cocktails…).

Recommendation for my target audicence

Your Hualien Escape Awaits! Book Your Paradise Today!

Are you craving breathtaking beauty and ultimate relaxation? Escape to Paradise: Lakeside Luxury in Hualien is calling your name! Imagine waking up to stunning lake views, indulging in luxurious spa treatments, and sipping cocktails by the sparkling pool.

Here's what makes Escape to Paradise the perfect escape:

  • Unwind in Style: Luxurious rooms with every amenity, from plush robes to complimentary Wi-Fi.
  • Pamper Yourself: Indulge in rejuvenating spa treatments, including massages, body wraps, and foot baths.
  • Savor the Flavors: Delight your taste buds with a variety of dining options, including gourmet restaurants and a poolside bar with signature cocktails.
  • Explore Hualien: Discover the natural wonders of Hualien with easy access to stunning hiking trails, scenic drives, and cultural attractions.

Book your stay at Escape to Paradise now and experience the ultimate lakeside luxury!

[Link to Booking]

P.S. Don't forget to book a massage. Trust me on this one! And if you see me by the pool with a cocktail, say hi!

Johor Bahru Luxury: Oceanfront Pearl Condo Sleeps 14!

Book Now

Lakeside House B & B Hualien Taiwan

Lakeside House B & B Hualien Taiwan

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. This is my Hualien adventure, and it's gonna be as messy and glorious as a late-night ramen binge. We're talking Lakeside House B&B, Taiwan. Expected perfection? HA! Expect me to lose my camera, trip over a stray dog (maybe two), and fall head-over-heels in love with a dumpling. Here goes… (and forgive the typos, I'm basically typing this with one eye on the road… and the other on a rogue mosquito that's currently harassing my ankle.)

Day 1: Lakeside House, Landfall & Lunar Laundry

  • Arrival & Initial Panic (1:00 PM): Right, so Taipei Taoyuan Airport. Smooth flight (miracle!). Train to Hualien… relatively smooth. Then… the taxi from the station. Let's just say my Mandarin is… "enthusiastic." Ended up pointing, miming, and resorting to some very unflattering charades to get to Lakeside House B&B. The cab driver, bless his soul, seemed to understand the universal language of "lost tourist." Finally arrived at the B&B. It's… adorable. Like, Instagrammable adorable. Immediately felt the weight of expectations begin to crush me. Will I ruin it with my presence?
  • Check-in & Utter Relief (1:30 PM): Checked in. Lovely girl at the front desk, even if I probably butchered her name. Gave me a tiny map and a welcome smile. My room: Clean! Bed: Comfy! View: Stunning! (Mountains. Lots of mountains. Good start.) Proceeded to immediately sprawl across the bed, wrestling the urge to sleep the afternoon away.
  • Lunch… or the Great Food Quest Begins (2:30 PM): Okay, time to be a responsible tourist and find some FOOD. Based on a random blog post I vaguely remember reading (reliable, I know), I decided on a shack near the harbor. Turns out, “near the harbor” is a nebulous concept. Ended up wandering for a solid hour, sweating profusely (damn humidity!), and starting to question all my life choices. * Am I even cut out for this solo travel thing?* Ended up buying a delicious (and cheap!) bowl of noodles from a street vendor, and it renewed my will to go on. Saved by noodles!
  • Laundry Debacle & Lunar Observation (4:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Okay, the laundry situation: Apparently, my travel-sized detergent bottle exploded in my backpack. Excellent. So, after a frantic search for a laundromat (again, my Mandarin skills were… tested), found one. The machine, of course, only had instructions in Chinese. And I’m positive I’m using too much soap. Anyway, clothes now tumbling in a machine I hope doesn't eat them.
  • Sunset at the Beach (6:30 PM): Finally, some chill time. Walked to a beach. Black sand. Waves. Beautiful. Tried to take a photo that adequately captured the moment, failed miserably. Managed to step in a puddle and soaked my shoe. Perfection.
  • Dinner and The Great Night Market Confusion (7:30 PM): Okay, the night market. Everyone goes to the night market. Found the most popular one, the one everyone raves about. It was… overwhelming. Neon lights, smells that both tantalized and threatened to make me hurl, and a crowd that pushed and shoved like a scene from a zombie apocalypse. After circling it like a startled deer, I ordered a questionable-looking fried something-or-other. It was… edible. Survived. I think. Tried some stinky tofu. Regretted.
  • Back to Lakeside – and the realization of how tired I am… (9:30PM): Back at the B&B. Landed in bed. Seriously, how can a day filled with noodles and a tiny bit of beachside relaxation be so exhausting? This is paradise, right?

Day 2: Taroko Gorge: Majesty & Mild Mayhem

  • Breakfast & Impatience (7:00 AM): Breakfast at Lakeside House. The food! So fresh! So delicious! (And the coffee actually tastes like coffee, not dishwater, as I had anticipated.) Got a good chat with a couple from Germany. Wow, real connection! After that, the tour bus to Taroko Gorge. I was so excited. It was what I came here for.
  • Taroko Gorge Part 1: Marble Mountains & Marvel (9:00 AM): Taroko Gorge: Spectacular. Jaw-dropping. The marble cliffs. The turquoise water. The sheer scale of it all. Spent the first hour just wandering around, feeling like a tiny speck in a very big, very beautiful world.
  • Taroko Gorge Part 2: The Hike (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Hiking! (I hate hiking.) Okay, I don’t hate hiking when it’s through a place like this. Followed the trail. Got a little lost (surprise, surprise). Found a waterfall. Sat there for a bit, just listening to the water and trying to breathe. This is what I came for.
  • Lost in Transl… the Lunch Hunt (12:00 PM): Post-hike, hungry. The only restaurant near the trail was, you guessed it, crowded. The menu was in Chinese. My Mandarin, as you might expect, was not up to the task. Ordered something that looked… interesting. (It tasted like mystery meat. Could have been chicken. Could have been… well, I don’t want to know.)
  • Taroko Gorge Part 3: The Suspension Bridge & Terror (1:00 PM): The suspension bridge. Heights are not my friend. Survived. (Barely, my hands were clammy). The view, though, was worth the near-cardiac arrest.
  • Back to Lakeside, bruised (literally) and baffled. (3:00 PM): Got back… sweaty. Had a minor run-in with a bus step and gave my shin a nasty scrape. Oh, the glamour!
  • Free Time & the B&B's Beauty (3:30 PM): Rested. The B&B's garden is perfect. Just perfect. The peaceful views are truly therapeutic. I sat there, notebook in hand, trying to make sense of the day.
  • Dinner and the Dumpling Revelation (7:00 PM): Found a local restaurant. (No night market tonight. Still recovering from the previous assault on my senses.) Ordered some dumplings. These dumplings… they were life-changing. Perfectly cooked, with a burst of flavor that made my eyes water. I would travel the world for these dumplings.
  • Nightcap & Diary of a Slightly Overwhelmed Tourist (9:00 PM): Back at Lakeside. Journal time. Trying to capture the feeling of the day… the grandeur of the gorge, the joy of the dumplings, the slight terror of the suspension bridge. This trip is a constant mix of the sublime and the ridiculous, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Tomorrow… more mountains… and hopefully, even more dumplings. Good night, world!
Jakarta's Chicest Escape: Kebagusan City Studio Awaits!

Book Now

Lakeside House B & B Hualien Taiwan

Lakeside House B & B Hualien Taiwan

Escape to Paradise: Lakeside Luxury in Hualien's Hidden Gem – FAQ (…and a few gripes)

Alright, alright, so what *is* this "Hidden Gem" you're on about? Is it actually hidden? Because I'm terrible at finding things.

Okay, confession time. "Hidden Gem" might be a *slight* exaggeration. It's not like you need a treasure map and a fedora to find it. But *Escape to Paradise* is a little off the beaten path. You’re not tripping over hordes of Insta-influencers, which, honestly, is a HUGE win in my book. You'll find it nestled near Liyu Lake in Hualien. Think… Lush, green, quiet. (Mostly. More on that later.) Getting there? A rental car's probably your best bet, unless you're into the whole “adventure by bus” thing. Just don’t expect a neon sign flashing "PARADISE!" – more like a discreet (and beautiful) wooden gate.

Luxury, huh? Is it "luxury" you can *actually* afford, or "luxury" that requires selling a kidney?

Oof, the million-dollar question. “Luxury” is subjective, right? Let's just say it's not backpacking hostel luxury. This is the kind of place where they leave little chocolates on your pillow (which, I admit, I appreciate far more than I should). The rooms are seriously spacious, the bathtubs are bigger than my entire first apartment, and the views… well, the views are something else. Is it cheap? Nah. Is it a total rip-off? Honestly, depending on what they are offering and the timing of your stay, I thought it was decent value. I mean, compared to some of the cookie-cutter hotels I've been to... this felt special. *Especially* after that horrendous traffic jam I sat in for three hours just to get *to* the place. Sweet, sweet relief.

The lake… what's there to *do* around the lake? I get bored easily. Like, REALLY easily.

Okay, fellow easily-bored person, listen up. Liyu Lake is actually pretty fantastic. There's cycling (they have bikes, thankfully, or you could bring your own if you are into that), boating (pedal boats, mostly, which is my speed), and hiking nearby. Plus, and this is IMPORTANT for my sanity, you can just… sit. Seriously. Grab a book (or a stack of magazines – no judgement here), find a comfy spot, and simply *be*. The peace and quiet are almost unsettling at first, but you get used to it. Eventually. I spent an entire afternoon just staring at the water, which is something I *never* do in my hyper-caffeinated daily life. The sunsets are pretty spectacular. You should see them.

Tell me about the food. Is it good? Because mediocre food is a travel dealbreaker.

The food... ah, the food. This is where things get a little... interesting. The breakfast buffet? Decent. Nothing mind-blowing, but enough to get you fueled up for a day of… well, whatever you do around a lake. They have fresh fruit (always a win), pastries (hit or miss, let's be honest), and the usual scrambled eggs and bacon situation. For lunch and dinner, you've got a few options. They have a restaurant on-site, which is convenient, but... it’s good, but nothing to write home about. They'll need to do better with dinner, you know? Still, the service was friendly and the lakeside view was gorgeous, making up for a bit of the food mediocrity. Now, about the *real* food scene… this is where things get a bit tricky based on the time of the year you visit. We got some decent options if you go away from the hotel.

Okay, so, like, what's the *worst* thing about it? Because nothing's perfect, let's be real. Give me the dirt!

Okay, here it comes. My biggest gripe? The *noise*. I’m not talking about traffic – it's thankfully far enough away. No, the culprit is the local wildlife. It's not consistent, but when it started, it was loud. Think cicadas on speed, cicadas on a mission to break a world record for decibel levels. Once or twice, just when I was nodding off, I swear it sounded like a parrot's having a full-blown existential crisis right outside my window. I even considered buying earplugs, but I wasn't in the mood to buy some.

What's the staff like? Are they friendly? Because I've had some truly awful hotel experiences with grumpy employees.

Honestly? The staff were generally lovely. Smiling faces, genuine helpfulness. They seemed to actually *enjoy* their jobs, which is a rare and beautiful thing in the hospitality industry. One time, I was completely lost (shocking, I know) trying to find a specific hiking trail, and a young woman at the front desk spent a solid 10 minutes drawing me a map. A good map! She even circled a particularly good coffee shop near the trailhead. That was a massive win. Small gestures like that really make a difference. However, there was one person, a waiter, who *seemed* to have had a bad day. But hey, everyone’s human, right? And the good experiences definitely outweighed the bad.

The rooms – are they actually as nice as they look in the photos? Because travel photos are often deceiving.

Alright, I’ll be brutally honest. The rooms? Yeah, they're pretty darn close to what you see online. We had the lake view, and it was as picturesque as they advertised. Huge bed, everything spotless, great lighting (important!), and a balcony that was perfect for sipping coffee in the morning. Though, I’m not sure what to do without the huge bed. The bathroom was seriously luxurious. Seriously. That bathtub? Heaven. The only tiny quibble? Our room started to get the occasional sun in the afternoon, so we had to close the curtains. Otherwise, no complaints here! I can say it had a great value compared to the rest of the competition.

Is it good for families? Or is it more of a romantic couples' getaway type of place?

Hmm, good question. I saw a few families when I was there, which is reassuring. The grounds offer a lot of space for kids to run around (if they still do that), and the lake itself is generally pretty safe. There's a pool, which is always a win with kids. But I'd say the vibe definitely leans more towards couples and those seeking peace and quiet. If you'Easy Hotel Hunt

Lakeside House B & B Hualien Taiwan

Lakeside House B & B Hualien Taiwan

Lakeside House B & B Hualien Taiwan

Lakeside House B & B Hualien Taiwan