Cagayan de Oro's BEST Kept Secret: Mallberry Suites Luxury Awaits!

Mallberry Suites Business Hotel Cagayan De Oro Philippines

Mallberry Suites Business Hotel Cagayan De Oro Philippines

Cagayan de Oro's BEST Kept Secret: Mallberry Suites Luxury Awaits!

Mallberry Suites: Cagayan de Oro's Almost Secret – My Brain Dump of a Stay (and Why You Should Book!)

Okay, buckle up, because I’m about to spill all the tea (and maybe a little coffee, thanks to their killer coffee shop!) on Mallberry Suites in Cagayan de Oro. Forget those perfectly manicured reviews – this is the raw, unfiltered truth, seasoned with my own brand of quirky observations and a few (okay, many) tangents. Consider this your one-stop shop for everything you really need to know before booking. SEO-wise, we’re aiming for the stars here… but don’t tell the Google bots.

Accessibility: The Good, the Okay, and the "Could Be Better"

Right off the bat, huge props to accessibility. Finding truly accessible hotels in the Philippines is a quest in itself. Mallberry Suites gets a solid thumbs up. Wheelchair accessible areas are clearly marked, and the elevator is a lifesaver (especially after inhaling a ten-course buffet!). The facilities for disabled guests are a definite plus, but I'd love to see even more focus on making everything seamless. Think, automated door openers or even more clearly marked pathways – small things that make a world of difference.

Internet: Praise the Wi-Fi Gods! (and the LAN gods, too!)

Let's be honest, in today's world, bad Wi-Fi is a dealbreaker. Thankfully, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! is a reality here. I’m talking Netflix streaming without buffering – a miracle! Plus, they have Internet [LAN] for those who are old school like me and really need something solid, and Wi-Fi in public areas. So, whether you're binge-watching your guilty pleasure in bed or catching up on emails in the lobby, you’re covered. The Internet services are generally reliable. I even managed to video call my mom with zero pixelation. (That's a win, people.)

Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe, Not Superstitious!

Okay, this is important. Cleanliness and safety are paramount, especially these days. I was immediately impressed. They've got all the bases covered: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays, all that jazz. They even have Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, which is a relief if you're like me and secretly worry about lurking germs. The staff is clearly trained in safety protocol, and I saw them diligently using hand sanitizer constantly. I spotted sterilizing equipment in action, too. And let me tell you, the fact that they have Hot water linen and laundry washing… makes me feel so much better. Plus, doctor/nurse on call – always a comfort. CCTV in common areas and Security [24-hour] are reassuring. I felt safe enough to wander around at all hours without a second thought.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: My Stomach's Paradise (Almost!)

This is where Mallberry really shines (and where my waistband started to threaten to detach). Let’s start with the restaurants – plural! There's a decent selection. You can go A la carte in restaurant or hit the Buffet in restaurant. Asian breakfast and Asian cuisine in restaurant are prominent, but those of us who love our Western breakfast and Western cuisine in restaurant will be happy, too. They've got a Bar with a decent selection, perfect for a pre-dinner cocktail (or three). The Poolside bar is a great touch, offering a refreshing way to cool off. I spent a lovely afternoon nursing a cocktail, gazing at the Pool with view, even without a sauna. The Coffee/tea in restaurant is a godsend (especially during those early wake-up calls). I’m secretly in love with the Coffee shop! I really enjoyed the Happy hour. The Bottle of water in the room is a nice touch.

Here's a confession: I'm a sucker for a good dessert in restaurant and Mallberry didn't disappoint. (My dentist would not approve.) And, for those late-night cravings, the Room service [24-hour] is a LIFESAVER. You can even get a Snack bar! The only thing I'd change? Maybe a few more vegetarian options. They have a Vegetarian restaurant, you just need to explore some more.

Services and Conveniences: They Thought of Everything (Almost!)

Honestly, the level of service here is fantastic. The concierge is friendly and helpful, the front desk [24-hour] always has someone available, and the daily housekeeping is meticulous. They offer currency exchange, cash withdrawal, laundry service, and dry cleaning, saving you hassle. A convenience store is super handy. And how about air conditioning in public area? The car park [free of charge] is a HUGE bonus. The luggage storage is a real lifesaver if you arrive early or have a late flight. Plus, facilities for disabled guests like the wheel chair.

Speaking of inconveniences, I do have to mention – no pets allowed! While I am a dog person, I did not bring one on this trip, so no harm, no foul.

Things to Do, Ways to Relax: My Personal Spa-cation

Okay, let’s talk about the good stuff – the relaxation! Mallberry Suites really knows how to pamper. They have a proper spa with a sauna, steamroom, and all the treatments you could dream of. I splurged on a Body scrub and Massage, and I swear I melted into the table. Pure. Bliss. This experience turned me into a true believer. I felt like a new woman! There's a Fitness center if you're the type who likes to sweat, but honestly, the pool is the perfect spot to chill in. Speaking of which, there's a swimming pool [outdoor], right by the lobby. And that Pool with view I mentioned? Stunning, especially at sunset.

For the Kids and Family: (Mostly) Child-Friendly!

Mallberry Suites is generally family-friendly. The family/child friendly rating is there. They do have Babysitting service, which is a HUGE plus for parents who want some grown-up time. I have a great appreciation for the Kids meal option!

Available in All Rooms: The Nitty-Gritty

Alright, let’s get down to the specifics of the rooms. They're well-appointed and comfortable. Air conditioning is essential in Cagayan de Oro. The internet access – wireless is fast and reliable, and the Wi-Fi [free] is a godsend. The bathrobes are plush (I may or may not have worn mine to breakfast one morning). The bathtub is perfect for soaking after a long day. The blackout curtains are FANTASTIC for sleeping in. The complimentary tea and free bottled water are always appreciated, as are the hair dryer and in-room safe box. You've got satellite/cable channels, a seating area, and the separate shower/bathtub is a nice touch. The window that opens. The sofa is perfect for lounging. Speaking of lounges, they usually provide slippers.

My Personal Anecdote:

One morning, I was enjoying a breakfast [buffet] that was epic. I was completely lost in the zone and completely forgot my glasses. Suddenly, a waiter just appeared with a fresh cup of coffee and a gentle, “Need anything, Ma’am?” – now that’s service. That's when I realized this place really does care.

Room for Improvement?: Minor Quibbles

Look, no place is perfect. While the exterior corridor is safe and well-lit, a few more design tweaks would enhance the overall experience. The Additional toilet in all the rooms would be awesome.

Overall Verdict: Book It! (Seriously)

Mallberry Suites is a fantastic option in Cagayan de Oro. It's clean, comfortable, well-located, and offers a wide range of amenities. The cleanliness and safety measures are top-notch, the staff is friendly and attentive, and the spa is pure heaven. Honestly, the fact that it's not completely overrun tourist traps is a huge plus.

The "Best Kept Secret" Factor:

I'm going to be completely honest: Mallberry isn't exactly a secret. You'll find it on major travel sites, it's got reviews, and people talk about it. BUT, it's not overexposed. It hasn’t been ruined by mass-market tourism. That helps you avoid the annoying crowds. You get good value, good service. In my opinion, it's definitely a contender for the best hotel in the city.

My Unsolicited (and Slightly Crazy) Offer:

Book Mallberry Suites NOW and Get… a Free Spa Treatment of Your Choice!

**

Taipei Tango: Chic Central Apartment - Your Dream Stay Awaits!

Book Now

Mallberry Suites Business Hotel Cagayan De Oro Philippines

Mallberry Suites Business Hotel Cagayan De Oro Philippines

Okay, buckle up buttercup, because we're about to wade into the glorious, messy, and utterly unpredictable world of my Cagayan de Oro trip – specifically, my stay at the Mallberry Suites Business Hotel. Prepare for a bumpy ride!

Mallberry Mayhem: A Cagayan de Oro Itinerary (Highly Subjective Version)

Pre-Trip Panic (Airing of Dirty Laundry):

  • Two weeks before: Realized I hadn't booked a flight. Again. Seriously, me and procrastination are practically married. Swore off cheap flights after my last experience, it was the flight equivalent of being in the back of a bus, which is exactly what it felt like. Found a decentish deal. Panic subsided… slightly.
  • One week to go: Started packing. Ended up with a suitcase resembling a hoarder's paradise. "I might need that sequined jumpsuit for a surprise karaoke night!" (Narrator voice: She will not).
  • The day before: Couldn't sleep. Google-mapped the hotel a million times. Read reviews. Regretted reading reviews because now I was terrified of a rogue air conditioner and a lobby full of judgmental ghosts.

Day 1: Arrival and the Unexpectedly Comfy Bed of Destiny

  • Morning (Cagayan Arrival): Landed in Laguindingan Airport. The air hit me like a warm, humid hug. Okay, maybe not a hug. More like a damp, clingy embrace. Grabbed a cab to Mallberry.
  • Afternoon (Mallberry Debut): Okay, the hotel lobby was… pleasant enough. A little sterile, maybe? The air conditioning did seem to be working, which was a huge win. Check-in was smooth, thank God.
  • The Room Revelation (The Good Kind): OMG, the bed. Seriously. Best. Bed. Ever. Fluffy pillows, crisp sheets… I could practically hear the bed saying, "Welcome, weary traveler, prepare to collapse into a blissful sleep coma." I pretty much did exactly that. Slept for like three hours. Jet lag? What jet lag?
  • Evening (Foodie First Impressions - More "Oh God I'm Hungry" Than Anything Else): Wandered around, desperate for food. Found a decent restaurant near the hotel. Ordered the adobo… not the best. More of a “meh” adobo. Which, by the way, is a crime. Ate it anyway because hunger.

Day 2: Whitewater Rafting (Almost Died, Totally Worth It)

  • Morning (Rafting Prep): Up early (because, let's be real, I was still on a different time zone). Got picked up for the whitewater rafting adventure. Nervous, but trying to maintain the facade of a fearless adventurer.
  • The River, the Rapids, and My Utter Lack of Coordination: The river was magnificent. Pictures do not do it justice. The rapids? They were… intense. I screamed a lot. Fell in once. Swallowed a gallon of river water. Thought I was going to die. It was exhilarating (eventually). The guides were freaking amazing, though. They practically pulled me back into the raft when I was flailing, I was really grateful for them.
  • Post-Rafting Bliss (and Near-Drowning Memories): Collapsed in a sweaty heap at a local eatery. Ate the biggest plate of sinugba (grilled pork) I’ve ever seen. Tasted like heaven. The best meal after the rafting, maybe even the best ever. Sat there staring at the river, realizing I was alive.

Day 3: City Stroll and Cultural Confusion

  • Morning (Market Mayhem): Decided to be a "cultured traveler" and explore the local market. Immediately became overwhelmed. So many smells. So many people. So many… weird things. Bought a durian. Regretted buying a durian. Ate half a mango, which was amazing, then I had to abandon my durian, because the smell was just too much.
  • Afternoon (Museum Misfire): Tried to visit a museum. Got lost. Gave up. Found a coffee shop instead. Drank three cups of coffee. Started ranting loudly about the price of coffee in Manila.
  • Evening (Finding Redemption in Lechon): Found a local lechon (roasted pig) place. Glory. Crispy skin, juicy meat… pure, unadulterated joy. Ate so much lechon I think I actually dreamt I was a lechon. Don’t judge me.

Day 4: Departure… Or Maybe Just More Bed?

  • Morning (Mallberry Send-Off): Packed (again). This time, the suitcase was more orderly. Mostly.
  • Final Breakfast: Had the hotel breakfast – the usual stuff. I think I might have also ordered some of those pancakes from the restaurant. The pancakes were the best part of the breakfast.
  • The Great Bed Farewell (Heartbreak Alert): Sat on that heavenly bed one last time. Considered extending my stay just to spend more time in that bed. Seriously, the bed was the star of the show. But alas, duty (and a plane ticket) called.
  • Check-out and Airport: The whole check-out process was smooth. They remembered me, which was nice.
  • The End (Maybe): Got to the airport. Boarded the plane. Already missing the bed. Will miss that bed forever.

Quirky Observations and Rambles:

  • The tricycle drivers are the kings of the road. Absolute daredevils.
  • Filipinos are the friendliest people on earth. Genuine, warm, and always ready with a smile.
  • I might have developed a mild (okay, major) obsession with lechon.
  • Mallberry Suites was… clean. The staff were nice. The bed was a masterpiece. Honestly, for the price, it's a decent spot.
  • I need to learn more Tagalog. And maybe buy a phrasebook.
  • I wish I spent more time in that bed.

Overall Verdict:

Cagayan de Oro was… an experience. The river almost killed me. The food was hit-or-miss. But the people, the energy, and that glorious bed? They made it all worthwhile. Would I go back? Absolutely. Hopefully, the bed will be waiting. And I will, without a doubt, be seeking out more lechon.

Final Note: This itinerary is not for the faint of heart. Or those who like a strict schedule. If you're looking for perfection and flawless execution, you've come to the wrong place. Embrace the mess. Embrace the chaos. Embrace the lechon. And for the love of all that is holy, if you stay at the Mallberry Suites, tell me about the bed!

Escape to Paradise: Stunning Nieuwpoort-Bad Apartment with Breathtaking Sea Views!

Book Now

Mallberry Suites Business Hotel Cagayan De Oro Philippines

Mallberry Suites Business Hotel Cagayan De Oro Philippines

Mallberry Suites: The Unofficial Guide (aka, My Obsession)

Okay, spill. What's the actual deal with Mallberry Suites? It sounds… posh.

Posh? Honey, try understated luxury. Think less "gold faucets" and more "feeling like you've actually escaped Real Life." It's in Cagayan de Oro, which already makes it a win – you're away from the manic energy of Manila or Cebu. And the suites… oh, the suites! I'm not joking, I spent like, three nights there last year just… because. No special occasion. Just... needed to breathe good air and stare at pretty things. The view from the upper floors? Forget about it. You see the whole freaking city, and it feels… *important*.

Is it really a "best kept secret" though? I haven't heard much about it.

That's *precisely* why it's a secret! Okay, maybe not a *total* secret anymore. There's a whole Facebook page dedicated to the place, people do know about it. But it's not like, plastered all over Instagram with influencers begging for free stays (thank GOD). It's more like a whisper among those in the know. The kind of people who appreciate quality over flash. Who appreciate… peace. And room service that doesn't take an hour and a half. (Looking at you, other hotels…)

What kind of suites are we talking about? Like, what's the range?

They've got everything from your standard, *super* comfortable rooms to sprawling penthouse suites. I’ve seen pictures of the penthouses – they have like, *multiple* bathrooms, a living room the size of my first apartment, and views that would make a king jealous. I'm pretty sure there was a jacuzzi in the bathroom when I saw my friend's pictures! I haven't personally *experienced* a penthouse experience, my bank account weeps just thinking about it. But even the regular suites are divine. Big, airy, well-designed. They're comfortable, and really, that's all I want in life.

Alright, alright. You're selling me. But isn't it ridiculously expensive?

Okay, let's be honest, it's not a budget backpacker's hangout. It’s luxury, so expect to pay luxury prices. But… *cough*… I've managed to snag some deals. Especially if you go during the off-season (who even DOES off-season in CDO? The weather is always amazing!), or if you book in advance. Definitely shop around. Check their website and, honestly, call them directly. Sometimes you get the best deals that way. And honestly, *for what you get*… it’s worth it. Think about the *experience*! The feeling of…escape. That alone is worth the money.

So, what's the food like? Because a hotel can live or die on its food.

The food… is a roller coaster! Okay, not *really*. It's better than most hotel restaurants, I’ll say that. They have a restaurant called La Castilla, which is pretty standard for hotel food but good, with a breakfast buffet that's… acceptable. I mean, you're going to get your eggs, your bacon, your… you know. Nothing mind-blowing, but it's there, and it's convenient. BUT HERE'S THE THING: Room service is where it's at. Honestly? Order the pizza. It's shockingly good. Actually, maybe I shouldn't be telling you that… I don't want them to run out of pizza next time I go! (Which will be soon, mark my words).

What about the service? Are the staff friendly? Because I’ve had some… experiences… in the past.

The staff are… lovely. Truly. They’re attentive, helpful, and they actually *care*. I had this one time where I was feeling horribly ill when I came back from my lunch and it went to my head so I locked myself in my room. The staff saw me and immediately showed me the way to the medical team and even got me some orange juice! That's not a normal service, I swear. I think it was the general manager? Anyway, they're not just going through the motions. They're genuine. They want you to have a good experience. Which, trust me, really makes a difference.

Is there anything… bad? Come on, every place has its flaws.

Okay, fine. One thing. The gym is… small. Okay, TINY. Like, you might have to wait for someone to finish their workout before you can use the treadmill. It’s not a deal-breaker for me, because I’m all about the… relaxing. (And the pizza). Also, the Wi-Fi can be a bit… spotty at times. But hey, sometimes it's nice to unplug, right? And honestly? Those are minor complaints. I'm grasping at straws here. I'd stay there even if the gym was a closet and the Wi-Fi was dial-up. It's just… that good.

Is it good for families? Couples? Business trips? What's the vibe?

It’s… versatile! It's definitely got a romantic vibe, great for couples looking for a getaway. The suites are a serious treat. But it also works for business. They have meeting rooms, and the suites are big enough to comfortably work in. Families? Sure, but it depends on your kids. It's not a "kiddie pool and water slides" kind of place. More… "quiet elegance." If your kids can appreciate a little peace and quiet as well as a good breakfast buffet. But honestly? I just think it's the best place for solo travels after all. Just me, myself, and I. And a pizza. And the view. And that feeling of absolutely, utterly, *bliss*.

Have you had any *really* memorable experiences there? Come on, give us a good story!

Okay, buckle up. This is going to get a little… embarrassing. There was this one time, I was staying there alone because I needed a break. And I was feeling particularly… blue. So I ordered room service (pizza, obviously) and a bottle of wine. And I was just sitting there, looking out the window at the city lights, feeling sorry for myself. And the next think I know… I'm crying. Ugly crying. Snot and everything. Tears of joy, tears of sadness, just… *tears*. Then, the phone rang. It was the front desk. I thought, "Oh God, did I make too much noise in my tantrumSleep Stop Guide

Mallberry Suites Business Hotel Cagayan De Oro Philippines

Mallberry Suites Business Hotel Cagayan De Oro Philippines

Mallberry Suites Business Hotel Cagayan De Oro Philippines

Mallberry Suites Business Hotel Cagayan De Oro Philippines