Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Monty Suites Calabar - Your Nigerian Paradise!

Monty Suites Calabar Adiabo Ikot Mbo Nigeria

Monty Suites Calabar Adiabo Ikot Mbo Nigeria

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Monty Suites Calabar - Your Nigerian Paradise!

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Monty Suites Calabar - My Honest, Messy, and Maybe Slightly Over-the-Top Review (Plus, A Killer Offer!)

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from Monty Suites in Calabar, and my brain is still trying to unpack it all. Forget the usual, sanitized travel blogs – I'm serving you the real deal. Because honestly? Unbelievable might just be underselling this place.

Let's get the basics out of the way first, because even a chaotic human like me appreciates a solid foundation.

Accessibility? Hmm. This is where I had a slight wobble. While they mention facilities for disabled guests, I didn't personally experience it. So, I'm hesitant to give a glowing review without concrete evidence. That said, they have an elevator, which is a massive plus! I'd suggest calling ahead and asking for specifics if that's a core concern.

Cleanliness and Safety? Listen, in these pandemic times, this is EVERYTHING, right? And Monty Suites aced it. I felt seriously safe. They've got every precaution imaginable:

  • Anti-viral this, and professional sanitizing that. Honestly, I couldn't walk two steps without bumping into a hand sanitizer station. (Not complaining!)
  • Room sanitization was ON POINT. My room felt cleaner than my kitchen (which, let's be honest, is a low bar). And the staff are definitely trained on safety procedures.
  • They had a bunch of those "physical distancing of at least 1 meter" signs. Yes, they are everywhere.
  • They even have separately-wrapped food!

The Room: My Sanctuary (and Secret Taco Hideaway)

The room? Oh, the room! Let me paint a picture. Imagine sinking into a cloud made of the softest, most luxurious… honestly, I don't even know the material, but it was DIVINE.

  • Air conditioning? Oh, yes. Glorious, ice-cold air conditioning. Essential in Calabar, trust me.
  • Complimentary tea and coffee? Check. Always a winner.
  • Free Wi-Fi in all Rooms?! Oh, sweet Jesus, yes! And it actually worked! I was checking my Instagram story and replying to emails from my laptop on the comfy desk in the room
  • My own personal little oasis. I had a bathtub, a separate shower, and all the usual goodies like toiletries, towels, bathrobes and slippers.
  • Blackout curtains. These are crucial for escaping the heat and getting some sleep.
  • Internet Access – WI-FI?! Of course!

**Okay, my *favorite* aspect of it all**. There was a mini-bar with everything I needed to keep the good times rolling. Plus, I could have ordered room service, and had a delicious Taco delivered right to my door. It was truly amazing!

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: A Foodie’s Paradise (or at least, a very happy me)

  • Restaurants? Plural! There's a decent buffet for breakfast with fruits, pastries, and omelets, and you can order all sorts of dishes a la carte. All of them are in-house with lots of choices!
  • Bars? You'll find a well-stocked bar with all sorts of drinks!
  • Room Service 24 hours a day? Amazing! Especially after a long day.

Things To Do, Ways To Relax: Pamper Yourself

This is where Monty Suites truly shines. They are committed to an amazing customer service. So that said, here’s what I loved:

  • Fitness Center: They have a gym, which is perfect for burning off all of those amazing buffet breakfasts.
  • Massage, Spa, and Sauna: Pure bliss. I spent a whole afternoon in that spa. They really know how to work the knots out of your shoulders.
  • Swimming Pool: I spent nearly every afternoon in the pool! Absolutely gorgeous and a great place to unwind after a day exploring the city.

Services and Conveniences: Makes Life Easier

  • 24hr Concierge, Front Desk and Security? They have it all.
  • Shuttle Service: I didn't need this, but I believe they also have an airport transfer service available.
  • Laundry and Dry Cleaning: Super convenient. I actually used the laundry service – very fast and efficient.
  • Gift Shop: Picked up a few souvenirs for friends and family, and it was very convenient.
  • Business Facilities: If you're there for work, they have all the gear (meeting rooms, internet, print services).

For The Kids:

  • Babysitting Service: If you have kids but need some alone-time, they've got you covered.
  • Family/Child Friendly: Well, it's safe and kid-friendly with a pool, so yes!

Getting Around:

  • Free Car Park: Always a bonus.
  • Taxi Service: Ready and waiting if you need a ride.

Now, Let's Get Down To The Nitty Gritty: The Imperfections (Because Nothing's Perfect, Right?)

Okay, so it wasn't all sunshine and roses (although there were plenty of those around the pool). Here are a few teeny-tiny things.

  • Could Improve: While the food was generally good, sometimes service in the restaurants could be a little… slow? Not a deal-breaker, but just a heads-up. Also, the lighting in some areas was a little dim for my taste, but that's just me being picky!
  • Price Point: It is a luxury hotel, so the amenities are top-notch, so the pricing follows the standard.

The Emotional Verdict:

Honestly? I absolutely loved Monty Suites. Did it tick all the boxes? Not perfectly. But was it close enough to make me want to move in permanently? Absolutely.

My (Slightly Crazy) Recommendation

If you're looking for a luxurious escape in Calabar, with top-notch service, fantastic amenities, and a serious dose of pampering, then book Monty Suites RIGHT NOW. You won't regret it.

The Offer - Because You Deserve It!

Listen, I'm going to give you a special deal. I really loved this hotel so I will make sure you have one of my best recommendations.

Book your room at Monty Suites Calabar today and get:

  • A free upgrade to a Deluxe room

  • Complimentary breakfast for all guests in your booking.

  • A 20% discount on all spa treatments.

  • Just use code "LOVE_MONTYS" when booking!

Don't miss out on this chance to experience Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Monty Suites Calabar - Your Nigerian Paradise! Book now and experience pure bliss.

Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Metropolo Hotel Shijiazhuang!

Book Now

Monty Suites Calabar Adiabo Ikot Mbo Nigeria

Monty Suites Calabar Adiabo Ikot Mbo Nigeria

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your polished, "Perfect Itinerary" bullshit. This is… well, my shot at trying to survive a trip to Monty Suites in Calabar, with a detour – or, let's be real, probably a several-hour-long crawl – through Adiabo and Ikot Mbo. God help us all.

The Calabar Calamity: A Week of Questionable Choices (and Hopefully, Jollof Rice)

Day 1: Arrival and the Existential Dread of a Hotel Room

  • 8:00 AM: Arrive at the airport in Calabar. Sun already beating down. Immediately covered in a layer of sweat I didn't know I possessed. Find a taxi. Negotiate the price. Feel like I’ve been ripped off, but also, what do I know? I'm a tourist. This is how it works, right?
  • 9:00 AM: Arrive at Monty Suites. Okay, the lobby looks nice. Marble floors, air conditioning that might work. Check in. The woman at the desk is… well, she's definitely seen things. Her expression is a mixture of weary acceptance and "Please, just leave me alone." I can relate.
  • 9:30 AM: Get to the room. Immediately assess the situation. Does the air conditioner work? (Spoiler alert: it's a crapshoot). Does the TV function? (Probably not, but hey, who needs TV in a new place?). Is the bed a death trap? (Only time will tell). The walls are, let's say, "textured." I think it might be painted over a previous stain. No, I know it is.
  • 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Unpack. Wonder if I packed too much. Probably. Then, the existential dread sets in. What am I doing here? Why did I choose this hotel? Why am I not back home, eating a cheese sandwich? (Answer: because this is what I wanted to do!).
  • 12:00 PM: Embrace the chaos. Lunch at the hotel restaurant (I think this is called the restaurant…). Pray for edible food. Order the Jollof rice. Cross fingers. Hope for the best.
  • 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Attempt, a half-hearted attempt, to sightsee around the area. Get hopelessly lost. Ask for directions. Get pointed in the wrong direction. Embrace the beautiful chaos of not having a plan, or a guide, or a clue.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at the hotel. The Jollof… was. Was alright. It was food. It existed. That's what matters.
  • 7:00 PM - onwards: Bed. Exhausted. Question all life choices. But hey, at least I'm here.

Day 2: Adiabo Adventure (Or, How I Almost Died of Mosquito Bites)

  • 9:00 AM: Wake up. Discover the air conditioner does not work. Curse loudly. Then decide to just get used to the heat. Take a cold shower. Bliss.
  • 10:00 AM: Decide to be adventurous and head to Adiabo. Hire a taxi – the same guy from the airport, maybe? He makes a face. Oh, the joy of spending your life with the same annoying tourist.
  • 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM: Explore Adiabo. Get horribly lost. Struggle to understand the local dialect (okay, I know nothing). Get mobbed politely, but determinedly, by children who are interested by the white person. The kids are absolutely adorable though.
  • 2:00 PM: Find a local eatery. Eat something I can't identify, but which tastes amazing. The best food of my life, so far.
  • 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM: Return to Monty Suites, for a power nap. Exhaustion hits hard.
  • 5:00 PM: Try again, for a swim in the hotel pool. The pool is empty. Maybe the pool is empty because I'm the only one dumb enough to show up.
  • 6:00 PM: Try the hotel restaurant again. It's alright.
  • 7:00 PM - onwards: Bed. Again.

Day 3: Ikot Mbo Mischief (More Lost-ness)

  • 9:00 AM: Wake up. Find the air conditioner still broken. Decide to not care and embrace the heat.
  • 10:00 - 12:00 PM: Venture to Ikot Mbo! Find a local guide because I am a lost cause.
  • 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Ikot Mbo exploration. Get lost. Almost run into a goat.
  • 3:00 PM: Food! Another local eatery. This time, am more cautious. It is delicious. I will never know what I it was.
  • 4:00 - 6:00 PM: Rest, recuperate, and wonder if I'm enjoying myself.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at the hotel. The food is always… there.
  • 7:00 PM - onwards: Bed. More bed. The bed is my best friend at this point.

Days 4-7: The Repeat Cycle and the Search for Meaning

  • Days 4-6: Repeat the above. Except add this in: try to find the perfect mango. Fail. Try again. Eat a lot of mangoes. Realize this trip is mostly searching for food. And the perfect air conditioner.
  • Day 7: Departure. Leave Monty Suites feeling simultaneously like I've just survived a war and also like I need to come back. Maybe.
  • Before the Flight: Buy souvenirs. Overpay for everything. Regret the purchase immediately.
  • At the Airport: Reflect on the trip. Smile.

Quirky Observations, Ramblings, and Emotional Reactions:

  • The constant power outages are a humbling reminder that you can't control everything. Embrace the darkness. And buy a flashlight.
  • The people are incredibly welcoming and friendly. Even when I'm hopelessly lost and speaking broken English.
  • The Jollof rice is a national treasure, even when it's mediocre.
  • I'm pretty sure the hotel is haunted. Or maybe it's just the air conditioning.
  • This trip is a messy, imperfect, and wonderful adventure. I would not have it any other way.
  • Remember to pack insect repellent. Seriously. The mosquitoes are relentless. And evil.
  • This is it!
Uncover the Hidden Gem: Baan Rai Santisuk in Phetchabun, Thailand!

Book Now

Monty Suites Calabar Adiabo Ikot Mbo Nigeria

Monty Suites Calabar Adiabo Ikot Mbo Nigeria

Alright, spill the tea! What's the buzz about Monty Suites Calabar? Everyone's talking about it!

Okay, okay, settle down, gossip queens and kings! Monty Suites? Think... *imagine me dramatically pausing here* ...Nigerian luxury, amplified! Seriously. It's in Calabar (obvi), and the word on the street? It's a slice of paradise. They're calling it a "suite" but honestly, some of those rooms are practically villas. I'm talking about a real escape, a place where you can actually *breathe*. Forget everything you think you know about Nigerian hotels because... well, let's just say my expectations were LOW going in. And then I was blown away.

So, "unbelievable luxury" huh? Is it *actually* luxurious, or is it just an Instagram filter's promise?

Okay, this is where I get REALLY passionate. Look, I've seen the good, the bad, and the utterly forgettable when it comes to hotels. Monty Suites? They *deliver*. The rooms? Huge. Think plush, and I mean *plush* linens. The bathrooms shine! Seriously, I'm a sucker for a good bathroom, and theirs are spotless and modern. And the details? They actually *thought* about things! Power outlets in convenient places (a MUST in this day and age!), fluffy robes, and even a little welcome basket with local snacks. I scoffed a little - "welcome basket?" - but the peppered gizzard was actually *good*! It wasn't just for show. It felt like they genuinely cared. I almost cried the first time I laid on that bed. No, I'm not kidding. After a long trip, that bed was life-altering. Okay, maybe I was just sleep-deprived. Regardless, the luxury is REAL. Not a fake-luxury, for the gram kind of place.

Calabar? Is it... safe?

Listen, I get it. Nigeria can be a little... intimidating if you haven't been. Calabar, in my experience, is surprisingly chill. I felt incredibly safe. And Monty Suites? They take security seriously. Guards everywhere. So, yeah, I felt perfectly at ease wandering around. I just felt… relieved. Probably because I didn't expect a whole lot of security in a small town, and then there was… well, more than even I thought I needed. But it's better to be safe than sorry, y'know?

Let's talk food. What about the dining experience? Is it worth it?

Oh. My. Goodness. The food. Okay, so real talk, I’m a foodie. And I went in expecting meh hotel food. Boy, was I wrong. They had a chef who knew what he was doing! The breakfast buffet was a *thing* of beauty. I mean, proper Nigerian breakfast, fresh fruit, and my God, the omlettes! I was in heaven. Their local dishes are amazing. I remember this one fish pepper soup... I'm drooling just thinking about it. Okay, maybe slightly overpriced, but the quality is there. And the service? Super friendly. One of the waiters, I think his name was David, he remembered my coffee order from day one! It made me feel like a celebrity. Not in a super-fancy way, but like… I felt seen. It's the little things.

What about the amenities? Do they have a pool? A gym? What's the vibe?

They've got a pool. It's not Olympic-sized, but it's lovely. Clean, inviting... and perfect for a dip after exploring the city. They do have a gym, which I confess, I only *looked* at (no judgement!). And it looked well-equipped, if you're into that kind of thing. The vibe? Relaxed sophistication. Not stuffy, not pretentious. It felt like… a retreat. A proper escape from the chaos of life. I saw families, couples, and business travelers, and everyone just seemed… chilled. Honestly, I wouldn't hate living there.

Okay, what's the catch? There's ALWAYS a catch. What's not so great? (Be honest!)

Alright, alright, you want the dirt? Fine. Let's be real. The Wi-Fi, while *present*, wasn't always the fastest. (But hey, Nigeria, right? It’s getting better.) Also, the air conditioning in my room was a *little* on the cool side at times – nothing a throw blanket couldn't fix. And okay, the music by the pool was a little… repetitive. But honestly? Those feel like nitpicks. One afternoon, the power dipped and the generator kicked in. It took, maybe, 3 minutes? It was a momentary blip, but hey. Honestly, I was ready to forgive them for anything, the place was that good. I didn't notice until it was back on and I thought to myself "oh yeah, the power" - it wasn't a catastrophe. The only real "complaint" is... I didn't want to leave!!

So, would you recommend it? In a nutshell...

Absolutely. Without a doubt. Go. Seriously. Pack your bags *now*. Monty Suites Calabar exceeded my expectations. It's the kind of place that makes you want to slow down, breathe deeply, and actually *enjoy* your vacation (or even a business trip!). I’m already planning my return trip. Seriously, book it. Tell them I sent you…though they probably won't know me. But still. Go!

Any tips for first-timers?

Okay, some quick tips: Bring your mosquito repellent (Calabar’s known for them!). Pack some comfy walking shoes for exploring. Tip the staff – they deserve it! And most importantly, be open to the experience. Don’t get caught up in the small stuff. Embrace the local culture, try the food, and enjoy the beautiful surroundings. Oh! And be sure to check out Tinapa (local market). And don’t schedule your flight out on the last day. Trust me. You’ll want an extra day just to soak it all in!

Did anything *really* surprise you? Like, something you didn't expect?

Okay, here’s the real, raw truth. What *really* surprised me was the staff. The service was genuinely exceptional. Everyone was so friendly, so helpful, so *present*. It wasn’t just rote politeness. It felt authentic. Like they *wanted* you to have a great time. And that... that's what made the biggest difference. I am still thinking about the service. I think I'd almost go back just for the service. No, wait, I'Hotels With Kitchenettes

Monty Suites Calabar Adiabo Ikot Mbo Nigeria

Monty Suites Calabar Adiabo Ikot Mbo Nigeria

Monty Suites Calabar Adiabo Ikot Mbo Nigeria

Monty Suites Calabar Adiabo Ikot Mbo Nigeria